Adimec receives multiple design-in from medical and machine vision customers for future inspection systems
Adimec announces that extensive qualification has been completed and the latest member of the CMOS-based SAPPHIRE series, the S-25A70, is now in volume production. The insight gained from field testing with initial customers has been integrated into the final design which is opitmized for robust use in target applications.
The S-25A70 has been designed into several instruments and is now commercially available to allow metrology equipment manufacturers to take the next required performance leap in accuracy and throughput.
The S-25A70/CXP camera offers:
- Optimization of the ON Semiconductor Vita25k global shutter image sensor
- 25 Megapixel CMOS global shutter camera
- Delivers images of 5120 x 5120 pixels at a maximum 73 full frames per second (fps).
- Equipped with the CoaXPress V1.1 Quad interface (4 x CXP-6) utilizing Adimec’s new 2 Gigapixels/s camera platform.
- Lowest power, fan-less Quad CoaXPress implementation in a compact form factor.
- Easy to integrate without unwanted noise caused by heat
- Excellent price/performance ratio
This addition to Adimec’s global shutter CMOS metrology camera portfolio offers the best in high speed with ultra high resolution. The reliable and high image quality available enables measurement of ever smaller critical structures or defects with the increased accuracy and throughput required by in-line optical metrology systems. The further supports the constant drive towards better, faster, and cheaper.
With the transition of the S-25A70 from R&D to high volume manufacturing, Adimec takes advantage of innovative and automated camera assembly capabilities to ensure consistent and reliable performance of every camera.
CoaXPress CXP-6 Quad (4 x CXP-6) offers a peak transfer rate of 2 Gigapixels/s with data transmission between the camera and frame grabber at up to 25 Gbits/s (4 x 6.25 Gbits/s). The lower power consumption of the camera is also enabled over just one CoaXPress interface cable. At maximum speed cable lengths over 30 meters are supported without the need signal repeaters.
The S-25A70 is designed to be stable 24/7 and provides reliable and predicable high quality images required for large field-of-view inspection equipment, such as in semiconductor and electronics manufacturing, FPD and profilometry.